Road Test



Before my test I honestly figured knowing my horrible luck somthing like this would happen, I even had a dream where I successfully obtained six counts of vehicular manslaughter before the test came to completion. 


Today was one of those days most anticipated and feared in a 16 year old's life, the drivers test. An important step in achieving the first big leap of freedom from your parents. Most will go into this process rather unprepared and incredibly nervous. I don't mean to sound like a cocky person and blow my own horn, but I was not nervous in the slightest. If anything the only thing I felt was pure excitement.  
I had been looking forward to this date for weeks. Part of this could be attributed to excitement, but the rest must be because the DMV is near incompetent and road tests have to be scheduled over a month in advance. Thank you New York State.
On the day of the test a little bit of nerves set in, I was shocked because I don't normally get nervous. But in the end, after and arguing with a particularly large driving tester, I walked out of there with my license in hand. I knew the initial fun wouldn't last long, because shortly after arriving home I had to go to Hanaford to pick something up also drive both my siblings to soccer and pick them up.

All and all it was a terrifying day, but in the end my experience was well worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment